Well, before you say I am making a spelling mistake here then let me clarify that ‘Humanism’ and ‘Humantism’ are two different things. The former refers to the belief that people can achieve happiness and live well without religion while believing in the dignity of mankind. The term has its own connotations and glorious past plus you can also find the word in English dictionary. But this article is all about ‘humantism’ that asks all of us to behave as humanely as possible. No, the word doesn’t exist in dictionary but it has close resemblance to what we call “HUMANITY” in real sense.
When internet jargons are common and come to use frequently without their existence in dictionary then coining the terms HUMANTISM & HUMANITIST is not a big deal. But only if you delve deep into it, you will realize why it’s perfect for global equity, peace and development. It envisages world as a family and every problem concerning, humans and living being as the subject to ponder over. It generalizes the belief that championing for all causes is important.
For example; finding solution to influx of migrants in Europe is as important as the Greek Debt Crisis or even Russia’s undue influence over Ukraine. Similarly, USA’s foreign funding to Pakistan for no solid reason is also an important issue. Destruction of marine life inside the Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, genital mutilation of women in Africa and need for Press freedom and freedom of speech are also need to be unequivocally fought upon if needed. A humanitist relates to each issue and looks forward to a meaningful solution to each of them.
This article is an attempt to understand what humantism is all about and how you can be a humantist. It has nothing to do with any ideology or any belief. It supports what’s best for the planet earth as a whole. In fact, it also sees humans, animals, birds, marine life and insects as the necessary components for a happy and peaceful living planet. You might say insects are obnoxious beings which spread diseases but that doesn’t mean we should have inherent hatred towards them. We should keep our surrounding clean to stay safe and disease free.
Doesn’t butterfly look too cute? Isn’t a grasshopper unique creature? Aren’t ants inspiring? Have you ever thought how spider weave its web? So, insects have their own beauty and relevance for ecosystem. We didn’t bring them here nor can we take out them from this environment. So our efforts should be towards pragmatism, that is to promote cleanliness as many places as we can.
Principles of Humantism
Enough with ideologies, hidden meanings therein, confusion and misinterpretation. Let it be declared once and for all. Be a humantist – the only way towards ensuring global peace and societal equality everywhere – though sounds impractical but it can be at least conceived inside our minds.
1) No Privilege for Anything or Anyone: Basic notion of humantism involves understanding the problems that the world faces today relating to anything and everyone, hence it doesn’t give any special privilege to any particular community or thing. If someone is in problem then it must require attention and humantism asks you to lend your helping hands towards it.
2) Gender Equality In Exact Sense: In case of male chauvinism it is biased in all respects, but you can’t ignore the misinterpretation of feminism as well. Though it advocates for equal rights for sexes which is welcome in all respects but the concept itself hardly focuses on other aspects of the society. Rarely, we observe a lot of feminists or social workers cry for the men killed in armed forces. Similarly, their support to Lesbian, Gay, Transgender and Bisexuals (LGBT) also mostly remain inhibited. Humantists work for all, respect all. It supports if a transgender is discriminated in a society, if a man is attacked by goons, if a woman faces atrocities anywhere or when a bisexual is viewed with suspicion in a society. It supports gay marriage as well. Such is the wide sphere of humantism.
3) Environment or Development: Most governments don’t gauge how much development it needs. But a humanitist government strikes the chord well. It balances how much development is justified for its citizens while encouraging environmental protection as well. For 1 tree cut a humanitist can actually ensure 10 trees are planted and so on. There is no need to amass wealth because real wealth is the intellectual development of citizens and not mere mushrooming of shopping malls and complexes at the cost of destroying the natural habitat of our birds and wildlife. Development to the limit of country’s need is optimum. Conservation of water, marine life, flora and fauna comes under the same bracket to preserve the land’s biodiversity intact.
4) Individual Liberty and Complete Freedom: A humantist believes in complete freedom of an individual and his or her thoughts. Providing him or her with full individual liberty by birth is of utmost importance for the complete development of an unbiased heart and mind. In some countries, women battalions are not sent for war during external aggression, but humantist believes in complete gender equality and individual liberty. If a woman solider wishes to fight for her country while raising arm against enemy nation then she must deserve so.
5) Secularism: For a humantist all religions are same and every person should be treated with utmost respect and equality. There is no ground for discrimination under any manner in whatsoever in Humantism. Moreover, religion is your personal belief and faith. Let it be remain so.
Why Being a Humanitist opens up your Mental horizon?
Anybody can be a humantist. It doesn’t require any qualification or predetermined ideals to be so. The day you start feeling world is a small living planet and god has given only life for every one of us to live you will start believing in it. It neither criticizes other ideology or ideas nor ask you to do so. It just keeps reminding you that every life is important and everyone deserves equal opportunity to flourish and succeed. The theory is globalized in nature. It transcends beyond the realm of nation’s borders and boundaries created by nations to widen the gap of humane understanding of each other.
An earthquake happening in Japan will shatter the heart of a humantist living far away in Miami and vice versa. Also a humantist can’t agree for a war be it the proxy ones which were widely practiced during cold war or the real ones like 1st world war and Second world war. It also criticizes and condemns terrorism in harshest term possible. Similarly, a Humantist reviles both Japan’s attack on USA’s Pearl Harbor Naval base and the USA’s subsequent devastation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki through Atom Bomb. In a nutshell, Humantism discourages violence in all forms.
26 thoughts on “Humantism Entails Astute Way To Live And Let Live Others”
I thіnk this is among the mоst vital infvo fߋr me.
And i ɑm glad reading үour article. But wanna remark on fｅw ɡeneral things,
The site style iѕ wonderful, the articles is гeally ցreat :
D. Good job, cheers
Isn’t that a cute kitty?!
This guy has something very important to say!
I’m still learning from you, as I’m trying to achieve my goals. I absolutely love reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the information coming. I enjoyed it!
Hello.This article was extremely fascinating, especially since I was looking for thoughts on this issue last
Saturday. Keep writing
I enjoy your work, thank you for sharing all the helpful blogs.
I truly enjoy studying on this web site, it has superb blog posts. “Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” by Rudyard Kipling.
Thanks for the marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you might be
a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back later on. I want
to encourage you to definitely continue your great job,
have a nice weekend!
Thanks for finally talking about >Humanitism Entails Astute
Way To Live And Let Live Others – Atish Home Chowdhury <Loved it!
It can be difficult to write about this topic. I think you did an excellent job though! Thanks for this!
The good and fascinating content pieces keep me coming back here time and again. thank
you so much.
Woah I enjoy your site content, bookmarked! My wife and i
loved your posts.
Enjoyed reading this post. well written!
Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
Thanks for any other magnificent article.:) Really loved reading it.
Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumble upon on a daily basis.
It’s always interesting to read articles from
other authors and use a little something from their web sites.
Hello! I’ve been reading your site for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas!Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic job!
Hi there, this weekend is fastidious in favor of me,
since this occasion i am reading this enormous informative article here at my residence.I whole heartedly agree that humanity wins all and is most needed at this time.
These are genuinely impressive ideas in on the topic of blogging. You have touched some touching emotional points here. I really liked it. Any way keep up writing.
Good luck to the remainder of you.
Yes I agree.. That’s why I pointed out that we can at least dream of it and conceive it in our mind. Dont forget every big idea was once just a dreamy concept 🙂
This seems so simple, obvious. But alas it is so difficult.
Comments are closed.